Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kanye West (feat. Rick Ross) - Devil In a New Dress


It's my first blog post and technically my first song as well. If you got the reference to the Jay-Z song off the Black Album, good job! Basically, whatever I post as the first song on here will be hated for one reason or another, so I won't even try to play it safe. Maybe if this blog gets popular one day people will appreciate and analyze my first post (It won't and they won't)

I'll just post my favorite song off my favorite album then.

In Devil In a New Dress, Kanye is at his best.  Beautiful imagery, religious undertones, themes of love lost and some hilarious punchlines. Cuts of anger and that typical way that Kanye just laughs at the world and the situations he goes through are all here. Mr. West is known for putting his whole life out there, but this song is so genuine it would make Vanilla Ice seem real if he sung it.

 
FASHIONBEATS made a great original video for this song too.

So many people pull that "I miss the old Kanye" or "He's always looking forward" shit, but no matter what side you're on, everyone can appreciate this song. Not to mention Rick Ross drops a career-defining verse, and it has shit all to do with the song. Everything just works, as per usual. Especially Bink!'s brilliant sample flip of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "Will You Still Love Me".

Oh yeah, and the guitar solo impregnates anyone in a 50 yard radius.


No comments:

Post a Comment